This Data Protection Policy sets out the ways we process personal data at International English Camp LTD. This policy relates to personal data collected via our website www.internationalenglishcamp.com, enquiry and booking forms, emails and telephone calls; and to our use of data collected through third parties. Any personal data collected by International English Camp is used in accordance with UK and EU data protection legislation.
By providing personal data to International English Camp LTD data subjects consent to the processing of such data by International English Camp LTD as described in this Data Protection Policy.
MAIN DATA PRINCIPLES
- We will request only the data we need and make this purpose clear at the time of collection.
- We will keep all data securely and will ensure a secure flow of data within our organisation.
- We will share data within our organisation on a need-to-know basis.
- We will never sell data to a third party
- When we share data with a third party we will check and review data security regularly
- We will make it easy for recipients to opt out of receiving marketing communications
- We will make it possible for subjects to view, alter or delete the information we hold about them
Enquirers: We collect names and email addresses to answer general enquiries. Enquirers can choose to be kept informed about our courses.
Parents and children: We collect information about parents and children when a booking is made. We collect information when a payment is made. We collect information about pupils during our courses in order to create records and provide feedback to parents.
Staff: We collect information about staff when they apply for employment. We collect more detailed information about staff after we appoint them. We collect information about staff during courses in order to provide feedback and employment records and references.
We collect, process and store some data with third parties. We endeavour to use third parties with robust data protection measures and regularly review and test the security of such data. We follow generally accepted industry standards to transfer information to and from third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept responsibility for data breach by a third party.
In a medical emergency we may need to disclose personal and medical details about a child or a member of staff to a medical professional. Consent for this is requested at the time of enrolment.
WEB SITE / BROWSER DATA COLLECTION
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring / exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information provided to International English Camp LTD will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection which may include:
- To provide information about our courses
- To put parents in contact with other parents
- To put staff in contact with parents and other staff
- Administration of our courses
- Employment records
- Statistical analysis
We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to protect the wellbeing of a child in our care and / or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
The rights of children as data subjects and the rights of parents may sometimes conflict. For example, parents may tell us things in confidence about their children and children may tell us things in confidence that they do not wish their parents to know. In such cases we will make our own judgement as to what we are willing to disclose, if necessary, taking legal advice. We will also collect information about you if you have an accident or if you significantly misbehave. We will need to retain some of this information in case it is required in the future. You have a right to see the data that we hold about you but will make our own judgement about sharing sensitive information.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
- We believe that photos provide essential feedback for relatives of children attending our courses and that parents have a legitimate interest in seeing their child taking part in our courses. We take photos and videos of pupils for example in lessons and workshops, during excursions and organised activities. We publish these via our public online blog and other social media channels. We also publish them to a password-protected online gallery for pupils and their families to view after they return home.
- Photos and videos are also an essential part of our promotional efforts. We use them to illustrate our brochure, web site and newsletters.
- We will tell children when we intend to take photos or video and respect their wishes not to be included if they state this clearly.
- We take care to avoid taking or publishing indiscreet or demeaning images and we do not include the names of children when we publish their images.
- However, if you prefer us to avoid making your child the centre of attention in a photo or video please write to us before your child attends and we will discuss how best we can comply.
We maintain a public Facebook site for general promotional purposes. We maintain a public Instagram profile for general promotional purposes. Participation is governed by Facebook and Instagram’s own privacy and safety polices at: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php and https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875/?helpref=hc_fnav&bc=Instagram%20Help&bc=Policies%20and%20Reporting.
VIEWING, VERIFYING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request a copy of all the data we hold about you or your child. This will be supplied within 30 working days. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update, or delete the information that we hold about you by contacting us using the details below. Updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 30 working days of receipt of the request. We are required by law and organisational necessity to retain some information, for example relating to accidents and child safeguarding. This takes priority over the right of data subjects to delete their information and we will exercise our discretion in this regard.
CHANGES IN THIS DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this data protection policy at any time. When we do so, we will indicate this by changing the ‘date of update’ at the end of the policy.
International English Camp Ltd.
54 Brevere Road
East Riding of Yorkshire
Telephone international: +852 6203 0411
Updated 05 April 2021